$37,440 - $41,200 per year
How to Apply:
Applications are submitted online until the position is filled and/or the posting is closed. After reviewing this job announcement, please click on the link at the bottom of the page to apply online. A resume is required with the application. Further instructions on submission of documents are available in the online application. A resume may not be substituted for an application.
A high school diploma or its equivalent AND a minimum of one (1) year of customer service or clerical work experience are required. An Associate’s degree in Business or a related field is preferred. An equivalent combination of education and experience may be substituted.
It is the policy of Allegheny County that in order to receive a final offer of employment, candidates must successfully pass a background check, which includes verification of Allegheny County Real Estate Tax status, and drug/medical examinations as required for the position. The pre-employment drug screen must be completed within 48 hours of the acceptance of the conditional offer of employment.
Under the supervision of the Chief Purchasing Officer, this position provides administrative and clerical support to various sections within the Division of Purchasing and Supplies, and assistance in efficient and effective delivery of customer service.
The Division of Purchasing and Supplies procures supplies, equipment, and services in the most efficient, cost effective, and timely manner possible. To bring value to the procurement process, by promoting competition, reducing cost, creating efficiency, and providing high quality customer service.
Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities
- Greets and directs all visitors.
- Opens all mail and distributes to proper recipients.
- Receives and directs telephone and fax messages.
- Ensures staff and suppliers complete and sign documents.
- Maintains current insurance certificates from suppliers and sends them to the Controller’s Office.
- Updates contract content on the website.
- Enters and maintains contracts in a database.
- Monitors staff time and attendance.
- Files and maintains Division documents.
- Performs other duties as required.
- Basic clerical functions including operating office equipment.
- Purchasing best practices and policies.
- Microsoft Office Suite products.
Allegheny County within 1 year.
Will be awarded to eligible candidates.
- Demonstrate reliability and flexibility in the workplace.
- Maintain attention to detail and assure quality control.
- Maintain productive working relationships, under minimal supervision, with staff, departments, and external organizations.
- Plan strategically in advance and effectively manage time, tasks, deadlines, and multiple priorities simultaneously.
- Communicate clearly and persuasively both orally and in writing.
AN EQUAL OPPORTUNITY EMPLOYER - M/F/V/D