District 13 Council Representative
Olivia "Liv" Bennett
Chair: Public Safety
Member: Budget & Finance, Economic Development & Housing, Health & Human Services, Government Reform, Marketing and Public Outreach
Olivia "Liv" Bennett is a community activist that represents District 13 of Allegheny County Council.
Liv has spent several years fighting for justice in Allegheny County. She has advocated for sensible gun control, for police accountability, and anti-racist policies in her work. Her interest in politics and activism began when she was a child, looking up to her father who held office as a Pittsburgh Public School Board member. Although he passed away when she was young, his impact continues to be a source of inspiration for her today.
Raised in Manchester, Liv saw the detrimental effects of violence and economic hardship. Witnessing the painful outcomes of poverty and the crack epidemic in her community shaped her vision to create a better society. She is currently a resident of public housing in Northview Heights and can be found working with area leaders and partners to ensure local residents receive the resources that they need. In 2018, she was involved in the process of opening the Northview Heights Public Safety Center in her neighborhood. She works with organizations such as Alliance for Police Accountability (APA), Take Action Mon Valley (TAMV) and was a mentor in the "Be a Middle School Mentor" for United Way. Liv is also an active member of Macedonia Church of Pittsburgh.
Liv graduated Magna Cum Laude from Carlow University in May of 2018 with a Bachelor of Science in business management and a minor in information technology. She also attends the Graduate School of Public and International Affairs at the University of Pittsburgh, where she studies Public Policy Management.
Liv is married to her husband, Terrence, and has four children, Renee, Raquel, Donald III, and Dominic. They also have three grandchildren, Aiden, Alaya and Hope. Liv feels it is a privilege and an honor to serve the people in Allegheny County.
District 13 Communities:
- City of Pittsburgh, Ward 1 (Downtown Pittsburgh)
- City of Pittsburgh, Ward 2 (Strip District)
- City of Pittsburgh, Ward 6 (Polish Hill)
- City of Pittsburgh, Ward 9 (Lawrenceville)
- City of Pittsburgh, Ward 10 (Morningside, Garfield, Stanton Heights)
- City of Pittsburgh, Ward 17 (South Side Flats & Slopes)
- City of Pittsburgh, Ward 18 (Allentown, Beltzhoover)
- City of Pittsburgh, Ward 21 (Manchester)
- City of Pittsburgh, Ward 22 (North Side)
- City of Pittsburgh, Ward 23 (Latimer Jr. High School - H. J. Heinz Co. Area)
- City of Pittsburgh, Ward 24 (Troy Hill, Spring Garden)
- City of Pittsburgh, Ward 25 (Fineview)
- City of Pittsburgh, Ward 26 (Perrysville, Riverview)
- City of Pittsburgh, Ward 27 (Woods Run, Brighton Road)
- Bellevue Borough