Thank you for your interest in applying at Allegheny County. The following information will assist you through the application process:
- Whether you are completing an online or paper application, a separate application must be completed for each position for which you are applying.
- Paper applications are available at the address below and must be submitted by the closing date shown on the job announcement (if applicable).
- You may not substitute a resume for an application. If a resume is required you must submit one in addition to the application.
- Incomplete or late applications will not be considered.
- Please allow approximately two weeks to process your application.
- If you would like to receive notification regarding the receipt of your application and your eligibility status, please provide a valid email address on your application.
Only the information you provide will be used to determine whether you meet the posted minimum requirements. Do not skip or leave any requested information blank. Include all education, employment, volunteer and military experience.
Please indicate if experience is Full-Time, Part-Time, or an internship and if you received college credit and/or compensation (two (2) years of Part-Time experience is equivalent to one (1) year of Full-Time experience).
Describe in detail the duties of all positions you have held. Include dates of employment (month/year).
For the Online Application
Adobe Reader must be installed on your computer in order to print your application.
- Upload photocopies of any required licenses, certifications, etc. (e.g. driver’s license,
paramedic certification, nursing license, military service verification, etc.). If you
are unable to upload documents, please mail or fax the documents to the address below.
- Please be sure to complete this application in its entirety. You will not be able to save
the application and return to it later. Once it is completed and you click “submit,"
you will be able to print and save a copy of the application at that time.
Applicants with Disabilities
If you require assistance when completing the employment application or you anticipate a need for an accommodation during the selection process due to a disability, then please contact the Department of Human Resources at the address below or by calling 412-350-6830.
Equal Opportunity Employer
Allegheny County does not discriminate against anyone on the basis of a protected class including: race; color; religion; national origin; sex; gender identity or expression; sexual orientation; disability; age; or any other basis protected by federal, state or local law.
All County positions require Allegheny County residency within one (1) year of date of hire, except for the following positions:
- Registered Nurses at Kane Community Living Centers
- Licensed Practical Nurses at Kane Community Living Centers
- All individuals performing their primary work functions at the Allegheny County Jail
- Air Pollution Control Engineers
- Coke Oven Technician
- Telecommunications Officers and Shift Commanders at the 911 Communications Division at the Allegheny County Department of Emergency Services
Department of Human Resources
If you are unable to upload documents with your online application, please mail or fax the documents to:
Allegheny County Department of Human Resources
920 City-County Building
414 Grant Street
Pittsburgh, PA 15219
Attn: Application Intake